During April, Community Giving Tree is collecting basic necessities for Mother’s Day distribution. You can help by donating one of each item, which will then be placed in a beautiful gift bag with a card for the recipient. Cost depends on the brands you choose (generic is fine) but can be done under $20. The social workers will deliver them to mothers in need in our surrounding communities. Please donate new, unused items to this drive.
Please consider collecting these at your next interest group event in April, and contact Sue Percival to arrange a pick-up time/day: email@example.com
- Body wash
- Nail polish
- Disposable razors
Volunteers Needed: We are assembling the bags Tuesday evening, April 30th, 6:30-9 and then again all day Wednesday May 1st, 9am to whenever we finish...hopefully by 3pm!
We are proud to be continuing our relationship with and support of the Community Giving Tree this year.
The Community Giving Tree in Boxford…..
- Helps more than four thousand children on the North Shore each year.
- Two-thirds of the recipients live in Lawrence, Haverhill, and Lynn.
- Provides low income families on Boston’s North Shore with basic necessities such as clothing, school supplies, baby equipment, diapers, holiday toys, and personal care items. Your donations keep babies safe, make children feel valued, and help families achieve self-sufficiency.
For additional information about the Community Giving Tree visit http://communitygivingtree.org/
- Is a "green" organization- keeps gently used baby equipment, toys, and clothing out of the landfill and into the hands of deserving families.
Last year we happily contributed to some of their important projects including:
- The Holiday Gift
- Mother’s Day Gift Basket Drives
At our November meeting we collected 2 cars full of non perishable items. The generosity of the members was incredible. One car delivered to Neighbors in Need, the other car delivered to Bread and Roses.
The Empty Nesters have also worked with organizations including:
- Merrimack Hospice
- Neighbors in Need and Bread and Roses
- Lawrence YMCA Single Residency Occupancy Program
We also donated money to these local worthy causes:
- Professional Center for Child Development in Andover
- Kristen Porter Scholarship (Kristen was a former NN member who lost her battle with cancer leaving 2 small children)
- North Andover Senior Center
extra effort to volunteer & contribute.
not regret it!